Every child matters native american sneaker
When you can walk into any store and take your pick from among hundreds of different colors, sizes and styles of shoes, it’s easy to take good footwear for granted. However, this is not the case for many people living in impoverished regions like the Caribbean, West Africa and Central America. In fact over 600 million people worldwide don’t own a single pair of shoes.
This is very unfortunate because the importance and benefits of shoes can’t be overlooked. Having protective footwear with the correct fit is essential for overall health and comfort
1. Shoes Prevent Foot Problems
Going without shoes for too long or wearing ill-fitting shoes can cause:
- Ingrown toenails
- Fungal nail infections
- Athlete’s foot
- Over time, more serious problems can develop. Bunions can form, resulting in pain and disfigurement of the feet. A prolonged lack of proper foot support can cause arches to collapse, and can cause serious joint pain.
2. Shoes Alleviate Pain
Part of the job of shoes is to absorb impact as we walk, but bad shoes (or no shoes) can throw the whole body out of alignment. If shoes don’t have enough padding or don’t allow for an even stride, pain is an almost inevitable side effect.
The ankles, knees, hip joints and lower back are all affected by bad shoes. Widespread pain limits mobility, making it difficult to perform normal daily tasks.
3. Shoes Protect Against Infections
In many areas of the world, sanitation is poor and disease is widespread. Going without shoes in areas without proper disposal methods for animal and human waste makes people susceptible to parasitic worms and other foot infections. These diseases can be debilitating or even lethal.
Going barefoot puts humans at risk for hookworm, tick bites and injuries. Stepping on broken glass or rusty nails, have a nasty encounter with a prickly bush or winding up with an itchy rash from poison ivy are also concerns.
Most of us living in the United States are very lucky to have access to multiple pairs of good footwear, and we often stop wearing shoes before they are truly worn out.
If you have old sneakers laying around in your closet consider hosting a GotSneakers fundraiser. Every child matters native american sneaker. You’ll collect wearable sneakers from your own collection as well as from friends, colleagues and other contacts. GotSneakers will pay you $1 per pair of sneakers collected and then they will be sent to impoverished nations where sneakers are badly needed.
4. Four Tips for Wearing Sneakers With Everything
- DON’T LET YOUR SOCKS SHOW
Whether you’re going out dancing for the night, spending an afternoon on the town, heading to class or dressing for a casual work environment, pulling off sneakers with your outfit is all about how you wear them. When you want a clean, trendy look that really works, make sure you’re showing off your sneaks — but not your socks. Seeing a pair of athletic or crew socks poking out over your ankles isn’t exactly the fashion statement you want. Instead, choose sneakers that don’t require socks or opt for some low-riding socks you won’t see over your sneakers.
- PAIR THEM WITH A PLAYFUL, SHORT SKIRT OR DRESS
Wearing a pair of trendy sneakers with a dress is no longer off limits — in fact, it’s a modern way to show some sass and make a unique statement. When you’re picking out your skirt and sneaker combo, just make sure you’re going with the right hem length. A long, flowy dress or skirt won’t look right with your fashion sneakers — it will look out of place. Instead, opt for a dress or cute skirt that falls to your knees or a little higher.
- GO WITH BOOT-CUT OR SKINNY PANTS
When you wear your sneakers on the go, you want everyone to notice them — so why hide them behind baggy, flowy pants or flares? Whether you’re wearing jeans, trousers or comfy pants, show off both your shape and your sneakers by picking a close-fitting pair with a slim, trim cut. Boot-cut pants or skinny jeans will accentuate your silhouette and highlight your shoe style at the same time.
- SHOW SOME ANKLE
If you want your sneakers to stand out even more, show a little skin between your shoes and the bottom of your pants. Choosing cut-off jeans, hemmed pants or crop pants is a chic way to offer a clean, stylish look while showing off your shoe choice.
- For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning.
- Ideal for long walks, running and hiking.
- These stylish kicks are engineered for lasting comfort and style.
- Suitable for special occasions such as Christmas, birthday, celebration, housewarming gift.
- These sneakers feature a fabric mesh upper for soft support and comfort
- EVA outsole for exceptional durability.
- The modern, eye-catching upper on these cross-trainers uses high-quality materials for a super-lightweight feel that helps keep you light on your feet
PRINT: Dye-sublimation printing
WASHABLE: clean with water and soap.
PRODUCTION TIME: 8-11 Business Days
– Since the size is manually measured, please allow a slight dimension difference from 1-3 cm.
– Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual colour of the item might be slightly different from the visual pictures.